I made these questions harder this time, so you’d have to guess based on what you know of us. Here are the answers:
1. Who has taken (and passed) the FBI entrance exam? Me. I took the test back in 1999, passed, and then received a letter stating they were in a hiring freeze. The new Minneapolis FBI headquarters is going to be built three blocks from our house; I’m going to walk in there someday and see if they’re hiring.
2. Who got to actually play at the Metrodome? Jason. After a Twins game, he got to play there for a high school baseball playoff game.
3. Who can play the French horn, trumpet and flute? Me. I originally played the flute, but then switched in 10th grade to the French horn. I taught myself to play by first playing a piece on my brother’s trumpet (which had similar fingerings but a much easier mouthpiece).
4. Who had a mullet and braces in 8th grade? Jason was incredulous that most people thought it was him, but it’s me, dear god. And there are pictures out there in the world somewhere. Which you will NEVER SEE.
5. Who has more speeding tickets? Jason. This irritates him, as Mr. Tailgater claims I am a much worse driver than he is (not true).
6. Who was in a nasty car accident two years ago? Jason. He was a passenger in a car that hit a truck carrying an unsecured mattress, which flew off in the middle of the freeway, causing the truck to slam on its brakes. Jason was picking glass out of his ear for days.
7. Who once got a toothpick embedded into their kneecap? Jason. Story to come.
8. What color is our bedding? Blue.
Someone had to get a panda-loving bamboo pillow this weekend, whereas I bought the $2.94 Target pillow. And then got made fun of by the cashier.
9. Who sleeps on the side of the bed closest to the door? Right now, Jason, so I can be closer to the heat vent. We’ll switch sides once it gets warmer, so he can be closer to the A/C.
10. Who has a fraction of Cherokee Indian as part of their heritage? Me. Although it’s not enough to get a scholarship or casino money or anything. Pffft.”¨
11. Bonus question (worth 5 points): How many books on forensic science does Shauna own? Five.
The winner? My real-life friend Michelle, who got 6 questions right, plus the bonus question (for a total of 11). Then came Becky, Jason’s mom, with 9 correct answers.
However, both of them have already won before and have the advantage of knowing us in real life, so the winner is LoriD! She got 8 right, even though she thought she’d do terrible.
Congrats, LoriD! Shoot me an email (picklesdimes at comcast dot net) with your address and I’ll send you a goofy magnet set made by yours truly. (Also Michelle, I still owe you one from your win before.)
Thanks for playing, everyone!
Oh yeah, here’s some shots of our monkey bathroom, which Jason wants to reiterate is our spare bathroom downstairs. Our regular upstairs bathroom is decorated all nice and adult-like.
The view from the doorway showing the curtain, rug, soap, and one of the candles. The mirror is on the wall to the left (not shown).
The medicine cabinet over the toilet with the lotion dispenser and the other candles. Notice our fancy positioning of the matchbook. That means we’re classy.
Some nerd taking a self-portrait. Hee!